WordPress Technical Writing
- After working on the web for over 7 years as a developer, I am pursuing my interest to write documentation for WordPress. I love tinkering with code, explaining the features and capabilities of WordPress, and sharing what I learn by creating technical content.
- I have been actively contributing to the WordPress Docs team since 2021 (WP 5.8 release onwards).
- I was one of the Noteworthy Contributors to the 6.0 and 5.8 releases.
- I am currently working as a WordPress Technical Writer at WordPress.org.
- I am also the WP Block Editor End User Documentation Rep.
- Triage the PRs for WordPress 6.0, create trackers, and work on the 6.0 End-user Block editor documentation. Reworked the following pages:
- Create new pages and update existing pages in the HelpHub Block-editor documentation for the 5.9 WordPress release. Below are a few examples I worked on:
- Rewrite pages in the end-user docs(also called HelpHub) to remove the technical details, move the technical bits to the developer documentation and rebuild HelpHub. Below are a few pages I reworked for this project:
- Write meeting minutes for the Docs team meetings and publish them on the Make blog.
In addition to being nominated as one of the Noteworthy Contributors to the 6.0 and 5.8 releases, here are a few good words written by my peers in the WordPress Documentation Team.