WordPress nerd, a11y advocate, singer, dog mom; Powered by chai, puppy hugs, books and creativity. She/her.
I love tinkering with code and I’m always looking to learn something new. My current passion is to share what I learn by writing technical articles.
I was one of the WordPress Noteworthy Contributors to the 5.8 release.
I have a Master’s in Computer Applications and have been working on the web since 2007.
My journey to being a WordPress developer
- I build my first website in 1998 before the Internet was popular, with Frontpage & ASP, and hosted it on Geocities!
- In 2007, I taught myself HTML & CSS and started working as a front-end developer for agencies across CA.
- In 2015, while working at a startup, I set up my first WordPress blog for them. Now I work exclusively with WordPress and help organizations and remote teams with WordPress development.
On a personal note
- I was born and raised in the southern state of India (Kerala), and now live in San Jose, CA with my family and furbaby.
- I have a Bachelor’s in Physics and a Master’s in Computer Applications from Bangalore, India.
- I’m a classically trained singer who performs for various Indian music groups in Bay Area.
- I love photography and looking for poetry in the ordinary.
- When I’m not coding, you’ll find me reading, drinking way too much chai, or playing with my cuddly doodle.
Blindness affected my family in more ways than one and I love to give back to The Himalayan Cataract Project, a nonprofit working to eradicate blindness in the developing world.